Home » Central Schemes » Scholarships Scheme
Award of Merit Scholarships to the students studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit languages.
- Online applications are invited from the students for the award of merit scholarship for the year 2022-2023 under the Schemes for Sanskrit Promotion.
- Scholarship Feedback Form for the Year 2020-2021
- Notification regarding extension of last date for submission of online applications for scholarship (2021-22).( Online application Link.)
- Notification regarding Edit option for doing the necessary amendment/ changings in the online submitted applications for award of Merit Scholarship for the year 2021-2022.
- Notification regarding Scholarship for the year 2019-2020.
INTRODUCTION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMEThe Government of India in pursuance of the recommendations of the Sanskrit Commission (1956-1957), established the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan on 15th October, 1970 as an autonomous organization for the purpose of implementing the policies and programmes of the Central Government for the development, propagation and promotion of Sanskrit. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India has declared it as Deemed University on 7th May, 2002 and the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) has placed this university under the category ‘A’ which is the highest rank to be awarded to educational institutions by the NAAC.
The erstwhile Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed to be University) has now been promulgated as Central Sanskrit University, Delhi (CSU) under the Central Sanskrit Universities Act, 2020 (No.5 of 2020) passed by the Parliament and assented to by His Excellency, The President of India and started functioning as the Central Sanskrit University, Delhi since 30th April, 2020.
The Central Sanskrit University, Delhi implements various Central Government Schemes for the enrichment and dissemination of Sanskrit language and literature. Accordingly, The Govt. of India awards scholarships through University to meritorious students of Sanskrit related to constituent campuses and other institutions throughout the country. The University also awards a merit scholarship on All India Basis to regular students pursuing higher course of studies in Sanskrit including Pali/Prakrit in any recognized traditional Pathashalas from Purvamadhyama to Uttarmadhyama/Prak-Shastri and the level of Shastri/Acharya/Vidya-Varidhi and Modern institutions from Secondary/Senior Secondary Schools (from 9th to 12th standard) and the levels of Graduation/Post Graduation/Ph.D.
The Scholarship awarded to those student who have obtained the minimum percentage or equivalent grade in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit and aggregate in all subjects can be applied for Scholarship –
- General Category
- SC/ST/Differently abled
|- 60% marks|
|- 50% marks|
|- 55% marks|